What is hackAthing?
From time to time, we gather and hack just for the sake of hacking and creating stuff. Unfortunately, we've accumulated a dangerous amount of beer and HTML5 know-how that must be shared with others. So we've decided to join forces with the W3C, and host an open hackAthing - 2.5 days of hacking and creating HTML5 mobile apps and games for everyone (who registers on time)!
A passionate web / HTML5 developer wanting to build cool mobile apps.
Us The nice folks at Everything.
- Free Beer (need we say more?)
- Work on cool ideas with cool people.
- UX and design aid by Everything's inhouse designers.
- Test your code with our mobile lab devices (iOS 4-6, Androids 2.2-4.1, WP7).
- After we’re done here, you’ll be
!empty_handed- cool swag for everyone!
- On-stage time at the W3C’s upcoming HTML5 conference to present your app.
What should I bring?
- A laptop with your preferred dev environment & tools.
- Mobile devices if you got 'em (also chargers and cables).
- Think of an idea to work on or join one.
- Empty beer bellies + puke buckets (optional).
- 17:00 - gathering & pitching ideas
- 19:00 - session - developing games with html5
- 20:00 - session - html5 apis you need to know about
- 21:00 - hack 'till you drop
- 10:00 - eat now?
- 11:00 - hack 'till you drop
- 10:00 - eat yesterday's lefotvers
- 11:00 - hack some more
- 18:00 - showoff your projects